Collagen Induction therapy is a clinically proven treatment to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone and texture, correct sun damage, and effectively treat a variety of other skin conditions. In addition to helping skin look younger, healthier, and more vibrant, CIT is very effective at improving the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Treatments are minimally invasive, virtually painless and do not require lengthy recovery times like most laser or more invasive treatment options.
How does micro needling work?
Our CIT pen utilizes precisely spaced micro needles in a small cartridge to create invisible, vertical, micro perforations into the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis. As a result, the skin shifts its natural repair mechanism into high gear and starts producing collagen and elastin to repair these micro perforations. The self-repairing property of the skin is a 100% natural form of skin renewal from the inside out.
The advantage of the CIT pen compared to other treatments is that it not only activates cell regeneration, it also enhances the absorption of active ingredients of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel into the skin during the treatment before the skin closes. Your skin becomes firmer and regains its elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves
What's going to happen to my skin?
The micro needling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
Left, before CIT. Right, six months after CIT, more collagen (pink) and elastin (brown) can be detected.
Estimated > 400% more collagen and improved epidermal/dermal thickness.
CELLUMA LED LIGHT THERAPY
Our CIT facial includes a Celluma LED Light Therapy Treatment.
Celluma uses high intensity light emitting diodes (LEDs) utilizing specific, proven wavelengths of light can trigger a natural biostimulatory effect in human tissue. Research has shown that phototherapy can increase circulation, accelerate tissue repair, kill acne bacteria, decrease inflammation, improve skin tone, texture and clarity, as well as ease redness after micro-needling. (Click here to learn more)
- Pustular or nodular rosacea
- Autoimmune disorders
- Concurrent use of anticoagulant medication
- Presence of palmar or plantar keloid scarring
- Moles, Skin Tags and Various Lesions
- Injectable neuromodulators – Do not receive CIT within 48 hours of injection of neuromodulators (such as Botox or Dysport)
- Injectable fillers – Do not receive within two weeks of injection with dermal fillers or volumizers to avoid potential unwanted inflammatory response.
- Improve acne scars & stretch marks
- Diminishes the signs of aging
- Stimulates collagen & elastin production
- Rejuvenates & repairs skin
- Improves enlarged pores
- Corrects sun damage
- Does not cause hyperpigmentation
- Safe on ALL skin types
Complimentary Consultation to determine best course of treatment. Please call to schedule your appointment 727-592-5274